- Fasting, Hydropathy and Exercise: Nature’s Wonderful Remedies for the Cure of all Chronic and Acute Diseases
A young healer’s enthusiastic encouragement to use fasting, exercise, cold water and dietary reform–especially the one meal per day plan–to cure disease. Interesting muscle pictures and daring (for the time) muscle-nudes.
- Strengthening The Eyes: A System of Scientific Eye Training
A complete program of exercises (and dietary improvements) to overcome the need for eyeglasses. Many photos.
- Iridiagnosis and other Diagnostic Methods – Third Edition
Iridology means analysis of the body’s condition through appearanace of the iris. The book also contains numerous interesting case histories and describes how conventional medical treatment of that era induced quality-of-life-threatening and fatal conditions. There are many figures and even a colour plate showing irises.
- Practice of Natural Therapeutics – fifth edition
The practical how-to of Lindlahr’s methods explained in detail.
- Nature Cure: Philosophy and Practice Based on the Unity of Disease and Cure
Lindlahr brought German Nature Cure to the States. In this remarkable century-old book will be found every new-agey, new-thought, self-help therapy currently in the public mind as well as the best of natural medical wisdom.
- Impaired Health: Its Cause and Cure, Volume II
In part two, Dr. Tilden details treatment protocols for many different diseases.
- Health Through New Thought and Fasting
Sleep, deep, restful sleep, recharges the vital force. This force is what runs the body and energizes it . . . not the food. How to manage the mind so as to create health. We eat far more than the body needs for nutrition.
- Toxemia Explained
Perhaps the finest explanation ever written about why a body gets sick and what to do about it.
- Constipation: A New Reading On the Subject
This ubiquitous ailment analyzed, dissected and its real cure indicated. Contains an interesting analysis of types of cases that pertains to all diseases.
- Impaired Health: Its Cause and Cure, Volume I
Tilden’s explains everything in one book. Volume 1 covers the general causes of disease and his general approach to restoration of health.
- The True Healing Art. Or, Hygienic vs. Drug Medication
Trall’s gave this lecture during the American War Between The States. It is one of the first cogent, consistent statements of the hygienic viewpoint.
- In The Cauldron of Disease
Waerland advocated physical fitness, natural food and outdoor exercise as the best treatment of diseases. He campaigned tirelessly against processed foods, smoking and alcohol.
- The Definitive Cure of Chronic Constipation
A short essay that was almost certainly written by Arnold Ehret and not the product of either Benedict Lust or Fred Hirsch, two disciples that issued what they represented to be a bibliography of Ehret’s publications. Also, find a full, accurate bibliography recently obtained by this library.
- Vaccination: The Hidden Facts
Available here with the permission of the Author is one chapter of this fine book. The book itself can be purchased via mail order from Sinclair’s admirable website,
- Children: Their Health and Happiness
Tilden’s firmly-stated opinions are definitely not the wishy-washy uncertainties that many young parents seem to hold these days. Tilden was opposed to vaccination and spoiling children. He was in favor of discipline, and felt effective discipline of children began with the parents’ self-discipline.
- Appendicitis: The Etiology, Hygienic and Dietetic Treatment
John Tilden had little respect for his fellow MDs, but enormous respect for the ability of a human body to heal if only given a chance.
- A Guide To Health: Being an exposition of the principles of the Thomsonian system of practice, etc.
Thomsonian doctors asserted that common sense and a little learning was a better doctor than professionals seemingly addicted to bloodletting, purging with heavy metals, and heroic cleanses.
- Diät und Zahnkaries. (Diet and Dental Caries)
- The Prevention of Incurable Disease
Translated from the German by Dr. E.F. Meyer
- The Persecution and Trial of Gaston Naessens: The True Story of the Efforts to Suppress an Alternative Treatment for Cancer, AIDS, and Other Immunologically Based Diseases
The long title says it all. Sensitively written by the author of quite popular books that remain in print, including The Secret Life of Plants and Secrets Of The Soil.